Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread 11:59 - Dec 25 with 45593 viewsTomS

As the song continues, temptations on his way. You look at the form table, see Millwall struggling and think to yourself 'you know what, we can win this'.

The thing about new managerial bounces is that gravity eventually kicks in and you revert back to the level you should have been at all along. We won three in a row, but the feel good factor is beginning to wear off. We should have earned more than one point from our last three outings, but didn't. Gravity is holding us back from our desired ascent up the table. We cannot score as often as we need to, as we don't have (m)any natural goalscorers on the team. Pot shots from 60
yards don't usually result in goals.

So what's going to happen against Millwall? There won't be many goals scored in this one. I think we'll continue to frustrate ourselves and will fail to score, but will suffer from another momentary lapse of
concentration in defence and will lose 1-0.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:54 - Dec 26 with 2173 viewsKerryE

I think we are going down. Just telling the truth.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:55 - Dec 26 with 2143 viewstraininvain

Losing 1-0 in desperate need of an attacking threat and Willock’s left sat on the bench while Adomah stumbles around on the pitch.

I like Marti but I can’t get my head around that one.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:55 - Dec 26 with 2111 viewsted_hendrix

Sadly I think Ipswich will kill us.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:56 - Dec 26 with 2093 viewsNed_Kennedys

Laughable that some on here were talking about the playoffs!

Manager has now had ample time to get a measure of the players: massive rebuild needed starting with hopefully getting a few out and a lot in next week.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:56 - Dec 26 with 2093 viewsBakes

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:56 - Dec 26 with 2050 viewsDamo1962

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:53 - Dec 26 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I'm making voodoo dolls of them right now. FFS 2-0, absolutely crap.

At least I sadly got the prediction right🤨
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:56 - Dec 26 with 2060 viewsJimthehip

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:55 - Dec 26 by traininvain

Losing 1-0 in desperate need of an attacking threat and Willock’s left sat on the bench while Adomah stumbles around on the pitch.

I like Marti but I can’t get my head around that one.

Willock injured (I know I'm amazed as well)
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:56 - Dec 26 with 2025 viewsFDC

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:49 - Dec 26 by ted_hendrix

Albert Adomah is eligible for the Winter fuel payment from the Government.

Like it, needs a bit of finessing but that's a terrace song right there
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:57 - Dec 26 with 1930 viewsstainrods_elbow

Mercifully, my stream's now broken.

Happy f*cking Christmas!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:57 - Dec 26 with 1941 viewsHastings_Hoops

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:54 - Dec 26 by stainrods_elbow

First good question in the post-match interview to Cifuentes has to be what he's going to do about our chronic inability to score. But does he have a good answer?

Answer: “give me £5m and I’ll let you know my solution”
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:58 - Dec 26 with 1908 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:38 - Dec 26 by stainrods_elbow

Given the lack of investment in/development of our attacking effort for what feels like forever, one can only conclude that a number of staff at the club, plus the Board, are incompetent and/or want the club relegated. Personally, I'd line up Ramsay, Belk and the other PE teachers and give them the lot of them their cards on New Year's Day, and the Chairman/CEO can shut the door after him.

Yep, that's what should happen. Obviously won't. Ramsey will be here for another decade.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:58 - Dec 26 with 1877 viewstraininvain

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:56 - Dec 26 by Ned_Kennedys

Laughable that some on here were talking about the playoffs!

Manager has now had ample time to get a measure of the players: massive rebuild needed starting with hopefully getting a few out and a lot in next week.

The playoffs talk was ridiculous but if we’re going to start digging out other supporters then I’d start with those who wanted Ainsworth appointed and shouted down those of us who pointed out that he was well out of his depth.

Those in glass houses…
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:59 - Dec 26 with 1857 viewsDylanP

Weird game football.

We looked awful. Marti comes in and suddenly we look great. Then equally suddenly we look awful again.

Just awful

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:59 - Dec 26 with 1819 viewsMedwayR

No intent in the performance or the tactics, we barely even tried to win the game.

We need to have 2 up top to have any chance of scoring, Dykes/Armstrong on their own isn't enough. Too many passengers and our dangermen (such as they are...) are stuck out wide where they have limited if any impact.

Poll: Who’s better?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:00 - Dec 26 with 1778 viewslassel

I’ve been saying relentlessly that Kakay should be nowhere near the pitch. Another 2 goals today given away by his unique brand of ‘defending’
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:00 - Dec 26 with 1745 viewsDamo1962

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:54 - Dec 26 by SherryHoop

We seem to get worse as games go on.

At some point we need to look at Marti's set up and game management.

I'd like to know his thinking behind
- Starting Paal in the middle instead of Dixon-Bonner
- Starting Kakay over Cannon
- Always playing out from the back

And there is the inevitable second.....terrible by Begovic

We are soft as shite. Have been second to everything today.

This sounds as bad as anything under GA...and that is very alarming. Not that MC is under any pressure of course. He has a massive and long term task of stopping the rot eating away at QPR, and he will have to start in L1.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:00 - Dec 26 with 1724 viewsRs_Holy

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:59 - Dec 26 by MedwayR

No intent in the performance or the tactics, we barely even tried to win the game.

We need to have 2 up top to have any chance of scoring, Dykes/Armstrong on their own isn't enough. Too many passengers and our dangermen (such as they are...) are stuck out wide where they have limited if any impact.

thats what hurts the most ... we didnt even try
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:01 - Dec 26 with 1684 viewsconnell10

We are dog shite , honeymoon definitely over for Marti.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:01 - Dec 26 with 1671 viewsKerryE

I think we are going down.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:01 - Dec 26 with 1633 viewsstainrods_elbow

One goal and one point in four games, three of which were against fellow drop candidates. Looks like we want to go down, regardless of the manager. If there's really no money for two strikers and a midfield player in the January sales, and nobody coming through the ranks, then the Board show resign en bloc.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 15:02]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:01 - Dec 26 with 1638 viewsBoston

I'm usually an audio guy, rarely watch games as I'm busy at work. But, I have been able to tune in for today and Sheff. Wed's outings, and I doubt I'll be doing so again. I have, particularly with this performance, been shocked at the lack of backbone, motivation, effort, on display. Awful match on all levels, Millwall just as bad but pick up the points. Watching has been difficult.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:01 - Dec 26 with 1631 viewsBurnleyhoop

Utter bilge. Until the likes of Dozzell and Kakay are gone, I ain’t watching anymore of this lot. Absolutely embarrassing.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:02 - Dec 26 with 1607 viewskensalriser

A well deserved defeat. Awful performance.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:02 - Dec 26 with 1584 viewsted_hendrix

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:00 - Dec 26 by Rs_Holy

thats what hurts the most ... we didnt even try

They are cowards who have got us relegated.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:02 - Dec 26 with 1568 viewsderbyhoop

The thing that struck me was how pedestrian we are. Don't move the ball quickly enough all game.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024