Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread 11:59 - Dec 25 with 50248 viewsTomS

As the song continues, temptations on his way. You look at the form table, see Millwall struggling and think to yourself 'you know what, we can win this'.

The thing about new managerial bounces is that gravity eventually kicks in and you revert back to the level you should have been at all along. We won three in a row, but the feel good factor is beginning to wear off. We should have earned more than one point from our last three outings, but didn't. Gravity is holding us back from our desired ascent up the table. We cannot score as often as we need to, as we don't have (m)any natural goalscorers on the team. Pot shots from 60
yards don't usually result in goals.

So what's going to happen against Millwall? There won't be many goals scored in this one. I think we'll continue to frustrate ourselves and will fail to score, but will suffer from another momentary lapse of
concentration in defence and will lose 1-0.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:11 - Dec 26 with 2604 viewsdm97

Marti is able to get our forward players into the right positions relatively often, but he cannot change their fundamental inability to make the right decisions and produce some sort of output in the final third. This squad does not have anything going for it in attacking positions beyond Chair and Willock, who have and always will come off 1 in 4/5 games, and a thin squad that cracks the moment Cook/JCS/Cannon/Chair are not all on the pitch at the same time.

The recruitment team and leadership that put this squad together over the last 3/4 years should have a root and branch replacement, whether we go down or not, and this should have happened in the summer rather than pissing around on the high ropes talking about teamwork.

New Years prayers for new owners, CEO, and a competent DoF.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:12 - Dec 26 with 2574 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:15 - Dec 26 with 2497 viewsE15Hoop

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:58 - Dec 26 by traininvain

The playoffs talk was ridiculous but if we’re going to start digging out other supporters then I’d start with those who wanted Ainsworth appointed and shouted down those of us who pointed out that he was well out of his depth.

Those in glass houses…

Ridiculous comment!
As i recall, no-one, including myself actively campaigned to have GA appointed.
What we DID say was that given he was in post, we should give him our active support, which thankfully the majority of fans did do.
As for "shouting you down", I lost count of how many times I and others explained that we were simply trying to give someone a voice who had no voice on this platform.
I hope "I told you so" gives you some smug feeling of self-satisfaction as we thrash around ineffectively in League One next season.
As another poster has already pointed out elsewhere, it will be quite ironic if Cifuentes happens to be the man in charge as we get relegated, whilst Ainsworth will have actually presided over a team that escaped relegation.
Not, by the way, that I disagree with Cifuentes being in post - I'm merely pointing out that if you're determined to "dig people out", I would respectfully suggest you'd be well-advised to wait until the evidence is pointing a little more in favour of your viewpoint.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:16 - Dec 26 with 2468 viewsDamo1962

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:07 - Dec 26 by stainrods_elbow

He could stop bullshitting fans as he did after the Southampton game. (Wait, sorry, I'm a naive tw*t for saying so, I remember now.)
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 15:08]

Point taken. I don't usually listen to managers press conferences...but I might listen to today's one.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:17 - Dec 26 with 2459 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:04 - Dec 26 by stainrods_elbow

Begovic missed the corner entirely for their second - Kakay may be feckless at times, but how is that his fault?

Feckless at time the guy is sh*t and has cost us multiple games this season.Did he win any tackles today and when they had their breakaway he did not get a tackle or even disrupt the guy who blazed wide himself.
It looked like Dunne hit or interfeered with Begovic and caused that mis punch.
Cannon fcuked up giving the corner away in the first place just let it bounce out for a goal kick.
If Marti thinks Uncle Albert can get cave us when he runs on he is dreaming .
Taking off Larkeche who showed fight and a bit of heart was another bad call from Marti
We look horrible right now its hard to see how this bunch of players will turn this sinking ship around
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:17 - Dec 26 with 2451 viewsVancouverHoop

We need a goalscorer (or two.) It's really that simple.

The stats tell the the tale. Only Wednesday have scored fewer than us, and they're catching up. We can whinge about conceding goals but our defence is no worse than most bottom half of the table teams and better than some in the top half.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:21 - Dec 26 with 2366 viewsBoston

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:07 - Dec 26 by davman

To be fair this lot have never moved the ball quickly enough. Take Chair out of this team and it'll be Walking Football all the way down to L1.

Possibly THE worst performance of this season and, as we all know, its a pretty fckng low bar.

Begovic - SHIT
Kakay - SHIT
Paal - UTTER lightweight SHIT today
Dunne - stupid SHIT
JCS - staying fit, coming down to our level SHIT
Field - looks backwards. Shad of the player SHIT
Dozzell ineffective SHIT
Chair he can't do it all every week to SHIT
Dykes Runs about a lot; still SHIT
Smyth - L2 SHIT on that showing
Larkeche - Energy, best of a SHIT bunch
EDB - still no idea what you lot see in him SHIT
Adomah - P45 two seasons ago SHIT
Cannon - rapidly falling to our SHIT level
Marti - starts well; the right man when Beale was appointed. Today SHIT.

SHIT.

Begovic, adequate.
Kakay, poor reader of the game, poor generally.
Paal, bad day at the office.
Dunne, adequate but patchy.
JCS adequate.
Field, adequate but regressing.
Dozzell, poor generally.
Chair, great player, forced to do too much.
Dykes, not in the game today.
Smyth, good in bursts.
Larkeche, promising, has backbone.
EDB, fair.
Adomah, not much you could do today, even if you were ten years younger.
Cannon, good in a good side, adequate otherwise.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:21 - Dec 26 with 2354 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:15 - Dec 26 by E15Hoop

Ridiculous comment!
As i recall, no-one, including myself actively campaigned to have GA appointed.
What we DID say was that given he was in post, we should give him our active support, which thankfully the majority of fans did do.
As for "shouting you down", I lost count of how many times I and others explained that we were simply trying to give someone a voice who had no voice on this platform.
I hope "I told you so" gives you some smug feeling of self-satisfaction as we thrash around ineffectively in League One next season.
As another poster has already pointed out elsewhere, it will be quite ironic if Cifuentes happens to be the man in charge as we get relegated, whilst Ainsworth will have actually presided over a team that escaped relegation.
Not, by the way, that I disagree with Cifuentes being in post - I'm merely pointing out that if you're determined to "dig people out", I would respectfully suggest you'd be well-advised to wait until the evidence is pointing a little more in favour of your viewpoint.

You gave me a hard time when I wrote that Ainsworth was useless back in the summer.
The point is we are now stuffed. It has been an omnishambles for 2 years.

Let's not forget though that this goes back to the overspend on Austin and Johansen under Warburton, and then letting Beale sign his kiddie creche last year. None of us on here, or any QPR fans, can I recall complaining about those decisions.
All of us are as guilty as the owners and managers.
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:30 - Dec 26 with 2204 viewsrbee

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:21 - Dec 26 by Boston

Begovic, adequate.
Kakay, poor reader of the game, poor generally.
Paal, bad day at the office.
Dunne, adequate but patchy.
JCS adequate.
Field, adequate but regressing.
Dozzell, poor generally.
Chair, great player, forced to do too much.
Dykes, not in the game today.
Smyth, good in bursts.
Larkeche, promising, has backbone.
EDB, fair.
Adomah, not much you could do today, even if you were ten years younger.
Cannon, good in a good side, adequate otherwise.

[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 16:37]
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:32 - Dec 26 with 2168 viewsRangersDave

If a 300 year old Uncle Albert, and the sheep worryer Kakay are the answer, then i'm sorry, the question must be the one i missed on University Challenge 'Genius level' last week.

I've said for the last 2 plus managers that we need to cut the deadwood out of the team, and get rid of "evil Les' and Ramsey, but this crap aint just coming from Marti, but from the teams attitude, desire, and ability. I'd venture to suggest one 1 or possibly 2 in that team have that.

We need a Christmas Miracle to stay up now, and some bloody good buying in a few days.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:35 - Dec 26 with 2115 viewsWatford_Ranger

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 21:33 - Dec 25 by Watford_Ranger

Heart says we turn up, go in 1-0 up at half time and win comfortably in the second half.

Head says it’s QPR in an important game in a hectic schedule against mediocre opposition with a big away turnout which almost always means a dire performance and loss to nil.

Hudds have a winnable game at 3pm. I don’t trust these ponces to put the pressure on them going into that. Pray I’m wrong but QPR will generally do QPR things.

Easiest prediction of the year.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:35 - Dec 26 with 2118 viewsGus_iom

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 14:54 - Dec 26 by BklynRanger

My wife just came up to me and whispered thst she's blocked the toilet. Strangely fitting.

Mate, presumably she whispered it because she didn't want it broadcast to the world......
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:39 - Dec 26 with 2067 viewsRangersDave

First goal today ..... last minute of time added on in the first half

Second goal today..... last minute of the second half.

Wonder if any one (not pointing fingers you understand) had a crafty 10k or more on that possibility to make their already over paid wages any better?

Yeah i know, distasteful, but i'm fuming.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:44 - Dec 26 with 1993 viewslassel

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 15:04 - Dec 26 by stainrods_elbow

Begovic missed the corner entirely for their second - Kakay may be feckless at times, but how is that his fault?

The goal scorer is behind Kakay but completely outthinks and outfights him to get there. Pathetic at u7 level.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:01 - Dec 26 with 1844 viewsNorthernr

Big Asmir there for that second goal, absolutely hilarious. Stupid old twt.

That was shocking. This group are weak, mentally and physically.

With the ball none of them are brave enough to either want the ball in a difficult position, or do something difficult with it when they get it. Everything is just played easily, and that means it keeps ending up with Begovic. I keep saying that for this style to work you have to have people willing and able to take the ball in a tight spot, on the turn, and get it moving forwards. We must have played the ball back and back and back to Begovic 25 times in that first half. At one point we did it from our throw by their corner flag.

Without the ball we lost every tackle, every header, every second ball, every 50/50. Paal constantly collapsing looking for free kicks the referee has made it clear he's not giving. Nbody with a pair of bolox willing to stand there in a game like that and say "I'm not having it" and fcking stand their ground and belt somebody. Look at their first goal, and what our midfielders do with it (nice awareness at the back post from JCS as well btw) and then look at the George Honeyman yellow card for them - that's the difference. The only time we get yellow cards is when we're submitting entires for The Most Studpis Yellow Card of All Time competition we seem to be running amongst ourselves.

It's a piss weak group of players. Talk about the team selection and the subs and whatever you like, it's the players.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:09 - Dec 26 with 1790 viewsDamo1962

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:01 - Dec 26 by Northernr

With the ball none of them are brave enough to either want the ball in a difficult position, or do something difficult with it when they get it. Everything is just played easily, and that means it keeps ending up with Begovic. I keep saying that for this style to work you have to have people willing and able to take the ball in a tight spot, on the turn, and get it moving forwards. We must have played the ball back and back and back to Begovic 25 times in that first half. At one point we did it from our throw by their corner flag.

Without the ball we lost every tackle, every header, every second ball, every 50/50. Paal constantly collapsing looking for free kicks the referee has made it clear he's not giving. Nbody with a pair of bolox willing to stand there in a game like that and say "I'm not having it" and fcking stand their ground and belt somebody. Look at their first goal, and what our midfielders do with it (nice awareness at the back post from JCS as well btw) and then look at the George Honeyman yellow card for them - that's the difference. The only time we get yellow cards is when we're submitting entires for The Most Studpis Yellow Card of All Time competition we seem to be running amongst ourselves.

It's a piss weak group of players. Talk about the team selection and the subs and whatever you like, it's the players.

Penny must have dropped now for anyone thinking this shower just need coaching to come good. They are stealing a living, and hopefully most will be gone after we drop. We simply cannot start next season with any of these losers...or we will be where Reading are.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:09 - Dec 26 with 1793 viewsR_from_afar

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:01 - Dec 26 by Northernr

...yeah, but apart from all that?

The outlook is very bleak. If we can't add some firepower, competition for places and much needed, dogged professionalism to this squad during the window, we are doomed.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:30 - Dec 26 with 1660 viewsQPunkR

Just back. My immediate takeaway from this - we're going down. No idea what tiny budget we have in Jan but this group is shocking. Dykes needs to be cast into the deepest part of the ocean

QPR - "shit but local"

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:34 - Dec 26 with 1646 viewscharmr

Explaining to my American wife what useless tossers meant after she asked, how did QPR do dear, was interesting.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:34 - Dec 26 with 1639 viewsDamo1962

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:30 - Dec 26 by QPunkR

Just back. My immediate takeaway from this - we're going down. No idea what tiny budget we have in Jan but this group is shocking. Dykes needs to be cast into the deepest part of the ocean

Loch Ness will do 😁
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:43 - Dec 26 with 1570 viewseastside_r

Well that was as bad a performance as I can remember. No redeeming factors.

Millwall looked like a pub side but were still good enough to beat us.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:48 - Dec 26 with 1545 viewstkqpr

I'd like to think that Cook & Colback would be the answer to this weakness we are showing however much they might help they aren't the answer but i think needed to stop the rot.
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:49 - Dec 26 with 1525 viewsQPunkR

Martí really needs to be grilled on why his side played that was in the first half. Zero attacking intent, zero gameplan apart from back to píssballing about our own box. If the plan was to bore Millwall to death it nearly worked. Begovic must have had more touches of the ball than any Millwall player today ffs

QPR - "shit but local"

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:51 - Dec 26 with 1503 viewskitkev

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:43 - Dec 26 by eastside_r

Well that was as bad a performance as I can remember. No redeeming factors.

Millwall looked like a pub side but were still good enough to beat us.

were all in the pub now laughing about, how a pub team beat the champions of euorope.

being a gentleman in victory

you are shit
Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:56 - Dec 26 with 1468 viewsbakerloo8

Welcome to the lion's den - match thread on 16:51 - Dec 26 by kitkev

were all in the pub now laughing about, how a pub team beat the champions of euorope.

being a gentleman in victory

you are shit

Grasp of the English language not your strong point I take it fella.

Enjoy those 3 points. Might be a while before u get another 3.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024