Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread 13:29 - Feb 15 with 33964 viewsRangersDave

So we go to the 'get your face bashed in' match of the season, on the back of some abject Toblerone football........across, forward, back, across repeat ad nauseum.

However, i am holding out hope for a good team selection and even better game from the 'mighty' Rrrrrsss

1-3 to the hoops.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 13:29]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:45 - Feb 15 with 2218 viewsnumptydumpty

To be fair my belief is the signing of Hendricks who pushed in ahead of Amos Dozell and Ball when all three have had moments of real promise this season. It's pissed them off and the previously great camaraderie and all for one element of this team has disappeared in last three games in particular.

Is it a coincidence or not ???

I personally thought that signing was particularly dim for above reasons and was done simply to get someone when we could not get another attacking midfielder or centre forward..

I hope I am wrong but I don't think it was very clever at all.

Surprised though as everything else Warburton done been brilliant...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:46 - Feb 15 with 2184 viewsKerryE

Well, that was terrible.
I'm trying to keep calm. But seriously the play offs look a bit hopeful after that display.
I might be wrong, I hope.
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:47 - Feb 15 with 2172 viewsstowmarketrange

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:44 - Feb 15 by stainrods_elbow

Improbably enough, we can still go third if we win our game in hand.

What a strange league this is, and a strange game football is!

I think tonight was the worst 10 quid I've ever spent.

I went to see a psychic last week and she said that I will fall for a scam quite soon.It was the best £300 I ever spent.
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:47 - Feb 15 with 2167 viewsjoolsyp

Big test of Warbs and the rest of the Coaching staff now to see if they can turn this around. I don't think we've turned into a poor team overnight but we seem to have been found out plus we look tired. I think he needs to find a way to change things up a little e.g I'd like to see Sanderson given a go as he can carry the ball out from the back (what on earth has happened to Dickie, probably our best player at the start of the season?). A fit McCallum should help on the left. I thought Amos at least looked to go forward when we came on. Field I thought was poor - he's so deep-lying, has no pace and just seems to go sideways or backwards the whole time. Our 3 forwards are ineffectual.

Trying not to be too despondent as we're still in the Top 6 but the sprint to the line will be with us soon and we need to put all thoughts of our bad run behind us, get the crowd behind the team and see what happens.
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:47 - Feb 15 with 2155 viewstraininvain

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:34 - Feb 15 by gobbles

He's not a defender. He's a wing back. When going forward, it is the job of the wingbacks to get on the edge of the area to join in the attack. There was mention on here of "the wingbacks aren't getting forward enough". On what planet are players expected to sprint 70 yards forward or back every minute?
Where were our three defenders and our defensive midfielder?
Easy to just say "his side", but then you have two wingbacks who are seemingly responsible for 50 percent of the pitch, while the rest clog up the middle.
Anyway, the second goal came straight through the middle.

I know we all have our favourites but let’s try to look at this objectively. Part of a wingbacks job is to defend. Adomah didn’t do that very well tonight and it proved costly.

I love Adomah but I’m sure he’d be the first to admit that he was at fault for the first goal and partly to blame for the second. Even our commentators said it wasn’t his best night.
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:47 - Feb 15 with 2147 viewsnumptydumpty

But you just know away at Peterborough Barnsley and Millwall, if you followed rangers for years, you just know.....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:48 - Feb 15 with 2134 viewsactonman

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:40 - Feb 15 by gobbles

It could just be that people have sussed out our style of play. Need to change out tactics, we are just playing the ball around in non-dangerous areas until we give it away, then it is a big panicked rush back to defend.

Posh / Barnsley / wall and probably hull team talk in a nutshell
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:48 - Feb 15 with 2143 viewsRs_Holy

thankfully it wouldnt let me pay for the stream ... I have tho paid for tickets v Hull on Saturday... Could be a long afternoon
Login to get fewer ads

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:48 - Feb 15 with 2115 viewstraininvain

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:38 - Feb 15 by RuislipHoop

We could have signed Ronaldo,it would not have made any difference.

To be fair Man Utd did sign Ronaldo and it’s made them even sh1tter so probably not the best example!
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:52 - Feb 15 with 1973 viewsloftus77

I have to quickly wonder half-seriously - is it deliberate?

We don't want to go up this season becuase the club feel its just too early in The Plan? (ie we would be certialy relegated next season anyway, which would be disruptive and 'upset the apple cart') . We go up when we are fully ready (as we can be) to properly compete.

Doesn;t explain the Peterboro cup defeat, I know....
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:53 - Feb 15 with 1921 viewsessextaxiboy

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:40 - Feb 15 by Damo1962

Still no mention of Dykes !

He ran off his marker 3 or 4 times in the first 15 min without getting a shot on goal and then did nothing .
Austin is over the hill, overweight, not fit, but managed a shot on target, 3 or four completed passes and held the ball up a few times .
Our only goal threat is Chair and Willock ,take turns to foul them 35 yards from goal and we have nothing .
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:54 - Feb 15 with 1874 viewsessextaxiboy

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:52 - Feb 15 by loftus77

I have to quickly wonder half-seriously - is it deliberate?

We don't want to go up this season becuase the club feel its just too early in The Plan? (ie we would be certialy relegated next season anyway, which would be disruptive and 'upset the apple cart') . We go up when we are fully ready (as we can be) to properly compete.

Doesn;t explain the Peterboro cup defeat, I know....

Think of the money ...
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 15 with 1851 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Are we safe yet?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 15 with 1822 viewsA40Bosh

Did you not buy the £10 stream for the 7 - 0 drubbing against WBA a couple of years back?
Now that one I was contemplating writing to the club and asking for a refund. £ for £ worst money ever paid for a stream!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:58 - Feb 15 with 1731 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:45 - Feb 15 by numptydumpty

To be fair my belief is the signing of Hendricks who pushed in ahead of Amos Dozell and Ball when all three have had moments of real promise this season. It's pissed them off and the previously great camaraderie and all for one element of this team has disappeared in last three games in particular.

Is it a coincidence or not ???

I personally thought that signing was particularly dim for above reasons and was done simply to get someone when we could not get another attacking midfielder or centre forward..

I hope I am wrong but I don't think it was very clever at all.

Surprised though as everything else Warburton done been brilliant...

Of those 3 only Amos can genuinely feel aggrieved as he was in good form in January.

That being said the manner in which QPR's form has fallen off a cliff does suggest that something is a amiss in the camp. For so many players to simultaneously lose form is disappointing and worrying.

A win against Hull, no matter how scrappy, is vital to jump starting our season.
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:59 - Feb 15 with 1712 viewsQPunkR

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:41 - Feb 15 by NorthantsHoop

Just poor tonight, created nothing and gave ball away too much. Hopefully the blip can be overcome with 2 winnable home games to follow.

Like our last 3 winnable away games??

QPR - "shit but local"

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 22:02 - Feb 15 with 1627 viewsDamo1962

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:53 - Feb 15 by essextaxiboy

He ran off his marker 3 or 4 times in the first 15 min without getting a shot on goal and then did nothing .
Austin is over the hill, overweight, not fit, but managed a shot on target, 3 or four completed passes and held the ball up a few times .
Our only goal threat is Chair and Willock ,take turns to foul them 35 yards from goal and we have nothing .

Dykes really is over-rated by a lot of supporters. Saves any decent performances for Scotland in my opinion.
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 22:02 - Feb 15 with 1606 viewsDamo1962

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 15 by PlanetHonneywood

Are we safe yet?

Should be 😁
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 22:03 - Feb 15 with 1583 viewsgobbles

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:47 - Feb 15 by traininvain

I know we all have our favourites but let’s try to look at this objectively. Part of a wingbacks job is to defend. Adomah didn’t do that very well tonight and it proved costly.

I love Adomah but I’m sure he’d be the first to admit that he was at fault for the first goal and partly to blame for the second. Even our commentators said it wasn’t his best night.

The problem in that game was not the defending, it was the complete lack of creativity. Nothing to do with favourites. If the wingbacks are upfield, the midfield is supposed to cover the space behind them. That's how it works.
The first goal, you could say he should have been close to Malone, who was their wingback, who got the cross in.
The second goal was scored by a striker, who should have been picked up by one of the defenders, only the position the ball was lost in left everyone exposed.
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 22:03 - Feb 15 with 1582 views222gers

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:58 - Feb 15 by Benny_the_Ball

Of those 3 only Amos can genuinely feel aggrieved as he was in good form in January.

That being said the manner in which QPR's form has fallen off a cliff does suggest that something is a amiss in the camp. For so many players to simultaneously lose form is disappointing and worrying.

A win against Hull, no matter how scrappy, is vital to jump starting our season.

Perhaps Warbs has “lost the dressing room”.
It's the door on the left at the end mate.
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 22:03 - Feb 15 with 1574 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Another pathetic display. No fight, players strolling around like it was a testimonial. Warburton should shake things up at the weekend but he won't because he has his favourites.
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 22:04 - Feb 15 with 1556 viewsDamo1962

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:59 - Feb 15 by QPunkR

Like our last 3 winnable away games??

Naughty 😉
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 22:04 - Feb 15 with 1550 viewsessextaxiboy

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 22:02 - Feb 15 by Damo1962

Dykes really is over-rated by a lot of supporters. Saves any decent performances for Scotland in my opinion.

Not the ones that sit around me ... but at the game I keep quiet , we are there to get behind the team .
This is two divisions above his standard IMO
Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 22:04 - Feb 15 with 1549 viewsQPR_Hibs

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 21:55 - Feb 15 by A40Bosh

Did you not buy the £10 stream for the 7 - 0 drubbing against WBA a couple of years back?
Now that one I was contemplating writing to the club and asking for a refund. £ for £ worst money ever paid for a stream!

It was actually 7 - 1. How could you forget Joel Lynch's superb equaliser?

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Toblerone FC vs Millwall Match Thread on 22:05 - Feb 15 with 1537 viewsDieByYourSide

Seriously f*cking dire. Worryingly bad. Don’t know what has happened to us.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024