Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread 09:52 - Apr 8 with 56773 viewskropotkin41

Somebody has to do this, and I'd like to take this opportunity to salute all the travelling Rs during this crazy season.
We're going to lose on Monday, and numbers of goals don't matter. Here's to a sunny day in August by which time let's hope somebody has swept up and put the rubbish out at Loftus Road.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 10:13]

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 19:39 - Apr 10 with 3099 viewsManinBlack

43 points I believe would have kept us up last season but not this season so possibly two wins still required.

Strange how things have turned out today. Not only did we recover from two down but the same happened in the three live Sky games. Blackburn, Coventry and Middlesbrough did the same as us so 2-2 has been the in score today.
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 20:12 - Apr 10 with 2918 viewseastside_r

Cards on the table - I went Cold Turkey today, didn't follow the match at all.

I had something to do late afternoon and I knew I needed to keep focus so couldn't take another afternoon of anguish / despair.

So checked the team just after two, then QPR App binned, BBC App binned from my phone.

I only found out the result just after 7 and have spent the intervening period reading this thread. Weird to see the rollercoaster of emotions in hindsight.

As some others have said, it's the hope that kills you. I had already relegated us in my mind but now - who knows? This bloody club!
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 20:17 - Apr 10 with 2887 viewsBoston

Seny not getting many plaudits today.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 20:51 - Apr 10 with 2718 viewsjoe90

Much happier about the result than I thought I would be. Even though it’s only a draw it was a good draw and a vital point.

I’m now firmly of the view that relegation would be an absolute disaster. Better to try and fight in the championship than potentially implode in league 1. The end is in sight, come on Rangers!!
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 20:59 - Apr 10 with 2677 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 20:12 - Apr 10 by eastside_r

Cards on the table - I went Cold Turkey today, didn't follow the match at all.

I had something to do late afternoon and I knew I needed to keep focus so couldn't take another afternoon of anguish / despair.

So checked the team just after two, then QPR App binned, BBC App binned from my phone.

I only found out the result just after 7 and have spent the intervening period reading this thread. Weird to see the rollercoaster of emotions in hindsight.

As some others have said, it's the hope that kills you. I had already relegated us in my mind but now - who knows? This bloody club!

"Cards on the table - I went Cold Turkey today, didn't follow the match at all."

I very nearly did too.
I was at Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork GAA's headquarters, doing a few small jobs and I was chatting to one of the administrators there and he was running late and a few things were going wrong and it was past 2pm.

He apologises for running late, and I tell him it's fine he's only keeping me away from watching QPR, and that he might be doing me a favour. Turns out he's Rangers too. All these years and I never knew.

We finish our jobs and we're just chatting Rangers now and it's 2.45pm and he asks am I going to go home and watch them or what, and I honestly thought about binning it off and going to the beach.

Thank God I didn't. But it was close!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 21:02 - Apr 10 with 2658 viewsdenhamhoop2

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 20:17 - Apr 10 by Boston

Seny not getting many plaudits today.

Well to be fair he flapped for the first goal the second it was like Zulu that many WBA players surrounding him home to bundle home the second
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 21:02 - Apr 10 with 2636 viewsstevec

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 18:43 - Apr 10 by kensalriser

This one solitary point demonstrates the still surprisingly low bar needed to avoid relegation.

And if we can keep scoring 2 goals with only 1 shot on target, then we may still have a chance!
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 21:14 - Apr 10 with 2569 viewsSuperhoops2808

I had given up after Friday tbh, but when I saw it was 2-2 I thought I would watch the last 25 minutes fully expecting a last minute winner for the Baggies.

Instead, I saw a side playing good football and in fact looking more likely to get the winner than WBA

Well played to Gareth today for getting the team turned around and I think that may, just may be the turning point.
Login to get fewer ads

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 21:24 - Apr 10 with 2491 viewsLblock

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 21:02 - Apr 10 by denhamhoop2

Well to be fair he flapped for the first goal the second it was like Zulu that many WBA players surrounding him home to bundle home the second

Careful with those Zulu references on here

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 21:24 - Apr 10 with 2494 viewsNed_Kennedys

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 18:28 - Apr 10 by Rangersw12

Chair or Field MOTM today

Amos and Balogun the weak links again but they all seemed to battle especially after a horrific start

Fans were fantastic and deserve so much credit for supporting this side

Chair not in the top three IMO: Dykes a clear MOTM followed by Field and Martin.
Thought Adomah had a good game as well.
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 22:01 - Apr 10 with 2382 viewsdmm

Yes, Dykes must surely be MotM today, and not only for his perfectly taken goal. He was good at both ends of the pitch and, as ever, worked hard for the entire game.

I've been pleased to see a far more positive response to Dykes since his return. I think we're all clearer on the value he brings to the team.
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 22:15 - Apr 10 with 2333 viewsnomar

Just gobsmacked at the result and pleased with the fighting spirit they showed today.

They need to do this every game now, not just once in a while, though. But, nonetheless, this result gives us some hope where, after Friday, there really looked to be none at all.
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 22:16 - Apr 10 with 2321 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 22:01 - Apr 10 by dmm

Yes, Dykes must surely be MotM today, and not only for his perfectly taken goal. He was good at both ends of the pitch and, as ever, worked hard for the entire game.

I've been pleased to see a far more positive response to Dykes since his return. I think we're all clearer on the value he brings to the team.

Chair for me but could have been any of them IMO.
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 22:48 - Apr 10 with 2204 viewsParkRoyalR

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 22:16 - Apr 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Chair for me but could have been any of them IMO.

Ainsworth must take some credit as the last time Chair put such a quality early ball into the box was Everton in the cup for Austin,

Really hope Ainsworth can push Chair's game to the next level, as the technique and desire is certainly there in abundance.
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 23:23 - Apr 10 with 2132 viewsdezzar

Paid my tenner and threw me slippers at the screen after the second one went in , then was pleased with the reaction from the players especially Dykes , you go from despair to , im buying Burnley tickets though , mad club to follow but still love it
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 23:50 - Apr 10 with 2078 viewsqprcmob

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 15:18 - Apr 10 by QPunkR

At this point I hate QPR nearly as much as I hate Chelsea ffs

Now steady on
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 09:48 - Apr 11 with 1733 viewsterryb

Was Dunne really at right back?

A friend who was at The Hawthorns insists it was a back three with Dunne on the right. However, he was continually drawn further to the right to cover for the wing back, Adomah, being caught out of position.

Can others that were present please clarify?
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 09:55 - Apr 11 with 1700 viewsNorthernr

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 09:48 - Apr 11 by terryb

A friend who was at The Hawthorns insists it was a back three with Dunne on the right. However, he was continually drawn further to the right to cover for the wing back, Adomah, being caught out of position.

It looked much more like a 4 with Dunne at RB to me.
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 09:57 - Apr 11 with 1661 viewsNortholt_Rs

Like many of us I feared a 7-0 capitulation after going 2-0 down in the first 15 minutes. Great, great fighting comeback! Supporters were unbelievable - at last they gave us something to cheer on. Stop the silly goals, fight on the pitch like that and they will get the full 100% backing from all of us: win. Lose or draw. Now onto Coventry - see you all at LR! COYRs!!!!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 10:05 - Apr 11 with 1626 viewsterryb

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 09:55 - Apr 11 by Northernr

It looked much more like a 4 with Dunne at RB to me.

Thanks
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 10:08 - Apr 11 with 1614 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 09:48 - Apr 11 by terryb

I think he started with 3 at the back with Adomah at RWB but changed to a 442 at half time with Dunne at RB and Adomah RM.

Interesting that he preferred to play Dune at RB to Laird despite him being on the bench. Maybe he wanted the height at set pieces. Or maybe Ethan Laird is what most of us suspect him to be.
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 10:11 - Apr 11 with 1571 viewsterryb

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 10:08 - Apr 11 by Padulas_Shampoo

I think he started with 3 at the back with Adomah at RWB but changed to a 442 at half time with Dunne at RB and Adomah RM.

Interesting that he preferred to play Dune at RB to Laird despite him being on the bench. Maybe he wanted the height at set pieces. Or maybe Ethan Laird is what most of us suspect him to be.

Cheers Padulas
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 13:37 - Apr 11 with 1421 viewsdaveB

Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 10:08 - Apr 11 by Padulas_Shampoo

It was 4-4-2 all game with Dunne at right back
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 13:43 - Apr 11 with 1397 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Maybe the room they had the ‘clear the air’ talks in wasn’t wheelchair accessible so he missed out and ruined his chances.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 13:47]
Easter Miracle at the Hawthorns/Gutless Capitulation Match Thread on 13:52 - Apr 11 with 1363 viewsNorthernr

Maybe he wanted to make a point fielding a team without loans for the first time this season?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024