Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll try - a Potters match thread 14:54 - Nov 27 with 74745 viewsE17hoop

Everyone seems to have tried in the last year or so, so I'll have a punt.

1-0, Chair.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:55 - Nov 28 with 2608 viewsnumptydumpty

Dykes Kelman Chair Willock Smyth Cannon Paal Larkeche up front with Cook and JCS in defence at end

Extremely bold substitutions.

Hit Post and couple deflections close in last 15 minutes along with 3 goals.

That would not have happened with Gareth

Promise from Marti

Thought I was going stay away but had step daughter looking after girlfriend and managed haul myself up to the Mecca

Guess you can never give up ever
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 22:56]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:12 - Nov 28 with 2395 viewsfraserc

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:39 - Nov 28 by rbee

I don't think it was a good save, Dykes hit the ball straight at him. Like Smyth just before him you have to be finding the corners of the net to score goals.

I am not a great fan of Dykes, if you are wearing the number 9 shirt then the goal return has to be a lot, lot better.

Credit where credit is due he earnt the penalty, took the penalty and his goal very well and am happy to eat all of the humble pie going if he keeps scoring and creating goals.

Did you notice Paal's reaction to Dykes's goal?

You mean his utter non-reaction?
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:25 - Nov 28 with 2274 viewsPaddyhoops

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 21:54 - Nov 28 by Mick_S

Feck me, when that Willock one went we almost lost a light fitting in our house.

Safe standing in the lower loft was not safe when that went in . Feckin bedlam. Joyful.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:25 - Nov 28 with 2273 viewsAntti_Heinola

Few little things tonight...

1. thought the players did really well to come back. When Illy hit the post, the crowd was just dead. After a year of this, you can't blame us, despite being gifted penalties and red cards and open goals, we were still losing. Felt inevitable. But the players kept going, kept fighting, and got their rewards.

2. The pile on after the Larkeche assist with the entire bench emptying was incredible - and also a sign of togetherness there too. Great to see. Was Cifuentes in the ruck?

3. Willock celebrated just below us, and it was a celebration of total relief. I know a lot of fans have given up on him, and I've been close to it too. I was close to it today when he was hobbling around 1 minute after coming on. But coming back from an injury can be hard, it can be hard to find form and confidence. Really hope this helps him.

4. If anyone comes on here and dares say Chair held on to it too long after tonight, I'm ready to fight. Countless early crosses and passes, many of which should have yielded more. Yet again our motm, and you can see how much Marti values him, and how much faith he has in him.

Bare bones.

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:27 - Nov 28 with 2261 viewsHAYESBOY

Cook was fouled for the pen. See Neil is whining it shouldn't have been a pen. Pen all day long and technically a red as he didn't make an effort to go for the ball.

Smells like a trout farm in here

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:30 - Nov 28 with 2228 viewsstevec

Went through that second half thinking ‘we’re absolute shite and going down’ to ‘we’re absolute shite but there’s an outside chance we might stay up’.

It wasn’t pretty but it’s nice to go home happy for a change.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:31 - Nov 28 with 2229 viewsdaveB

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:27 - Nov 28 by HAYESBOY

Cook was fouled for the pen. See Neil is whining it shouldn't have been a pen. Pen all day long and technically a red as he didn't make an effort to go for the ball.

yeah looked a clear penalty and the red was soft but the right decision, he pulled him back

ref had a pretty good game, pulled us up for several daft fouls as well and got the chair penalty right in not giving it
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:35 - Nov 28 with 2189 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:31 - Nov 28 by daveB

yeah looked a clear penalty and the red was soft but the right decision, he pulled him back

ref had a pretty good game, pulled us up for several daft fouls as well and got the chair penalty right in not giving it

Didn't see it at all at the time and took everyone round me ages to realise it was a pen, but watching it back it's about a clear a pen as you'll ever see. The player knew, too, didn't even try to protest.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:37 - Nov 28 with 2161 viewsRed_Ranger

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:37 - Nov 28 by joe90

That was an incredible game, result and atmosphere! It’s been far too long since we had celebrations like that in the Loft and also best way to do it, under the lights!

The performance wasn’t perfect, but who cares? We desperately needed a win. The players looked elated. Larkeche’s dogged determination to keep the ball in play to force the own goal was something else. So pleased for Dykes and Willock. I really hope this win gives the team the confidence to kick on.

Yeah! Damn straight! All of the above
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:37 - Nov 28 with 2154 viewsdaveB

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:35 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

Didn't see it at all at the time and took everyone round me ages to realise it was a pen, but watching it back it's about a clear a pen as you'll ever see. The player knew, too, didn't even try to protest.

watched it on stream tonight and was one of those clear penalty as he shoves him but was shocked he actually gave it as usually nothing happens
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:45 - Nov 28 with 2100 viewsParkRoyalR

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:25 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

1. thought the players did really well to come back. When Illy hit the post, the crowd was just dead. After a year of this, you can't blame us, despite being gifted penalties and red cards and open goals, we were still losing. Felt inevitable. But the players kept going, kept fighting, and got their rewards.

2. The pile on after the Larkeche assist with the entire bench emptying was incredible - and also a sign of togetherness there too. Great to see. Was Cifuentes in the ruck?

3. Willock celebrated just below us, and it was a celebration of total relief. I know a lot of fans have given up on him, and I've been close to it too. I was close to it today when he was hobbling around 1 minute after coming on. But coming back from an injury can be hard, it can be hard to find form and confidence. Really hope this helps him.

4. If anyone comes on here and dares say Chair held on to it too long after tonight, I'm ready to fight. Countless early crosses and passes, many of which should have yielded more. Yet again our motm, and you can see how much Marti values him, and how much faith he has in him.

Antti, I'll give one to take one,

That miss by Dykes was dreadful, his worse miss for us and reminisent of Conor Washington, it was that bad. Time to think and he bottled it, fortunate for his 2nd goal he didnt have time to think and went with his instinct.

Chair again held onto the ball too long tonight for 65 minutes (including that superb 1st Half pass with the outside of his boot which he should have played after his first not fifth touch when EDB was racing through unmarked)

Thought he was very average until he was moved into the middle, seemed to find more space in the middle and that was an excellent shot which deserved a goal.

And I know we are all euphoric, but his free-kicks were very very poor and corners likewise, cant recall any crosses when he was playing wide, but believe he deserves to start ahead of EDB (who I thought played well) as the CAM in our likely 3 man midfield and this could change our season if it gives him the space to play.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:57 - Nov 28 with 2014 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:45 - Nov 28 by ParkRoyalR

That miss by Dykes was dreadful, his worse miss for us and reminisent of Conor Washington, it was that bad. Time to think and he bottled it, fortunate for his 2nd goal he didnt have time to think and went with his instinct.

Chair again held onto the ball too long tonight for 65 minutes (including that superb 1st Half pass with the outside of his boot which he should have played after his first not fifth touch when EDB was racing through unmarked)

Thought he was very average until he was moved into the middle, seemed to find more space in the middle and that was an excellent shot which deserved a goal.

And I know we are all euphoric, but his free-kicks were very very poor and corners likewise, cant recall any crosses when he was playing wide, but believe he deserves to start ahead of EDB (who I thought played well) as the CAM in our likely 3 man midfield and this could change our season if it gives him the space to play.

Opinions eh.

I thought Chair played tonight like he’d been reading this Forum. MOTM for me let the ball go exactly right most of the time. I looked out for it especially seeing as what was said here after Norwich.

Agree about set pieces. But that has been the case since Joey Barton was around.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 23:58]
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 00:05 - Nov 29 with 1972 viewsParkRoyalR

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:57 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Opinions eh.

I thought Chair played tonight like he’d been reading this Forum. MOTM for me let the ball go exactly right most of the time. I looked out for it especially seeing as what was said here after Norwich.

Agree about set pieces. But that has been the case since Joey Barton was around.

Fair play, but I really can't recall any early passes or crosses, even the one Smyth should have scored our 2nd goal from was delayed so long, with Smyth & EDB players running clear on goal, it was only due to a defenders mis-kick we got the goal-scoring chance which should have been a gimme if the ball was played after one touch.

I'm his harshest (positive) critic but if he moves into that CAM role it could be game-changing for our season, as we were so poor in possession until they went down to 10 men and yet again created very little, with both our penalty and two goal scoring chances coming from their defensive howlers rather than our creative midfield play.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 00:19 - Nov 29 with 1905 viewsessextaxiboy

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:45 - Nov 28 by ParkRoyalR

The breakaway you mention when Chair squared it to EDB followed a fantastic pass out to him from Colback , set the whole move up .
I though Colback was decent tonight , even his booking was understandable rather than reckless.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 00:38 - Nov 29 with 1843 viewsterryb

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:33 - Nov 28 by VancouverHoop

[So} happy for Larkeche; great work after how he's debut ended a few weeks back.

All respect to Dykes and Willock but Larkeche's tenacity along Stoke's goal-line was the match highlight for me. How many players did he fight through... two... three... more? And how long has it been since we saw someone in a hooped shirt chase what appeared to be such a total lost cause like that? His name won't appear on the score sheet but, for me, that was the game's defining moment.

And made even better by it being Ben Pearson that scored the OG!
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 00:48 - Nov 29 with 1828 viewsHunterhoop

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:25 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

Ha! Disagree with me at your peril. And by the way, I’m right.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 00:54 - Nov 29 with 1792 viewsLisbonR

First time back at Loftus Road for me tonight since late last year, but what a great game to have chosen! I also managed to record Willock's goal. Just look at that emotion, and what it meant for him to score.

You R'ss!
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 00:57 - Nov 29 with 1768 viewsBoston

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:55 - Nov 28 by numptydumpty

Dykes Kelman Chair Willock Smyth Cannon Paal Larkeche up front with Cook and JCS in defence at end

Extremely bold substitutions.

Hit Post and couple deflections close in last 15 minutes along with 3 goals.

That would not have happened with Gareth

Promise from Marti

Thought I was going stay away but had step daughter looking after girlfriend and managed haul myself up to the Mecca

Guess you can never give up ever
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 22:56]

You had your stepdaughter looking after your girlfriend! erm.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 01:59 - Nov 29 with 1658 viewsDamo1962

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:17 - Nov 28 by OldPedro

I told my son I'd eat broccoli if we won (I hate broccoli), so guess what I'm having for dinner tomorrow!!

Let's hope you get to eat plenty of Broccoli 🥦 going forward 😁
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 06:55 - Nov 29 with 1395 viewstraininvain

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 00:54 - Nov 29 by LisbonR

First time back at Loftus Road for me tonight since late last year, but what a great game to have chosen! I also managed to record Willock's goal. Just look at that emotion, and what it meant for him to score.

You R'ss!

But apparently Willock doesn’t care! Good to see plenty of myths get shot down last night.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 07:03 - Nov 29 with 1360 viewstraininvain

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 23:57 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Opinions eh.

Chair’s best performance in months. He generally released the ball at the right time and desperately unlucky not to get a goal and perhaps a couple of assists.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 7:04]
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 07:07 - Nov 29 with 1354 viewsSuperhoops2808

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 06:55 - Nov 29 by traininvain

But apparently Willock doesn’t care! Good to see plenty of myths get shot down last night.

Agreed, that is not a man that doesn't care - I think that will hopefully help him to push on. And you could see that Chair, whilst exhausted wanted to congratulate him... I do hope under Marti these two become the force they used to be.

I think Marti will persuade Willock to re sign too
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 07:35 - Nov 29 with 1279 viewsGaryBannister86

From Football League World:

The attendance for QPR v Stoke City at Loftus Road is 16,901.

That includes 1,123 away fans.

Typically, I wasn't there, but from the telly that figure looks a little....generous?
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 07:36 - Nov 29 with 1277 viewsdm97

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:33 - Nov 28 by VancouverHoop

[So} happy for Larkeche; great work after how he's debut ended a few weeks back.

All respect to Dykes and Willock but Larkeche's tenacity along Stoke's goal-line was the match highlight for me. How many players did he fight through... two... three... more? And how long has it been since we saw someone in a hooped shirt chase what appeared to be such a total lost cause like that? His name won't appear on the score sheet but, for me, that was the game's defining moment.

“He battles and he scraps and he wants it doesn’t he”…
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 07:55 - Nov 29 with 1180 viewsdmm

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 07:35 - Nov 29 by GaryBannister86

From Football League World:

The attendance for QPR v Stoke City at Loftus Road is 16,901.

That includes 1,123 away fans.

Typically, I wasn't there, but from the telly that figure looks a little....generous?

It wasn't even close to 16k tonight. I think a lot of season ticket holders just didn't turn up but they've counted them anyway as they always do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024