Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll try - a Potters match thread 14:54 - Nov 27 with 74743 viewsE17hoop

Everyone seems to have tried in the last year or so, so I'll have a punt.

1-0, Chair.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:04 - Nov 29 with 2038 viewsdmm

I've not read the entire thread and expect this has been talked about but, our set piece delivery last night was the worst I can remember. We won 13 corners - that's a lot in one game - and spaffed the lot either not beating the first defender or planting the ball into the keeper's hands.

For a side that struggles to score, set pieces have to be highly valued. Chair and Paal must have extra training. It cannot be beyond their abilities to deliver the ball to where it needs to go.

Anyway, moan over. Sill buzzing this morning
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:07 - Nov 29 with 2032 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 00:05 - Nov 29 by ParkRoyalR

Fair play, but I really can't recall any early passes or crosses, even the one Smyth should have scored our 2nd goal from was delayed so long, with Smyth & EDB players running clear on goal, it was only due to a defenders mis-kick we got the goal-scoring chance which should have been a gimme if the ball was played after one touch.

I'm his harshest (positive) critic but if he moves into that CAM role it could be game-changing for our season, as we were so poor in possession until they went down to 10 men and yet again created very little, with both our penalty and two goal scoring chances coming from their defensive howlers rather than our creative midfield play.

I counted 6 early crosses in the first half alone, one of which essentially brought a goal for the penalty, and claiming he should have passed it earlier for a pass that produced a one on one chance for Smyth is perverse.
I do agree corners all night were poor, but equally we’re clearly going for a near post one and at some point it might help if someone won a near post header.

Bare bones.

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:18 - Nov 29 with 1955 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:07 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

I counted 6 early crosses in the first half alone, one of which essentially brought a goal for the penalty, and claiming he should have passed it earlier for a pass that produced a one on one chance for Smyth is perverse.
I do agree corners all night were poor, but equally we’re clearly going for a near post one and at some point it might help if someone won a near post header.

"I do agree corners all night were poor, but equally we’re clearly going for a near post one and at some point it might help if someone won a near post header."

Agreed. A few early ones were clearly good deliveries, but we didn't win them.

I'm not sure why we have to go long with every one, though. We're not a Land of the Giants team so I'm not sure it always suits us. When we win a corner only to launch it in and (most likely) lose it and (almost as likely) face a break on our goal, we lose momentum and a minute or two.

We have ball players, so I'd like to see us mix in some short corners to keep the pressure on.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:21 - Nov 29 with 1948 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A good night overall for the players rightly or wrongly given a hard time: Dykes, Kakay, and Chair.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:25 - Nov 29 with 1913 viewshubble

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:04 - Nov 29 by dmm

I've not read the entire thread and expect this has been talked about but, our set piece delivery last night was the worst I can remember. We won 13 corners - that's a lot in one game - and spaffed the lot either not beating the first defender or planting the ball into the keeper's hands.

For a side that struggles to score, set pieces have to be highly valued. Chair and Paal must have extra training. It cannot be beyond their abilities to deliver the ball to where it needs to go.

Agreed David, our set pieces were shocking. And not just set pieces, throw-ins as well. IIRC, in the first half we lost possession from every single throw-in bar one.

Mind you, I don't want to piss on anyone's parade, because I actually love everyone and everything this morning!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:27 - Nov 29 with 1907 viewsGaryBannister86

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:21 - Nov 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

A good night overall for the players rightly or wrongly given a hard time: Dykes, Kakay, and Chair.

Exactly. Dykes is limited, but he's ours. Yesterday summed him up - others won't give him credit for his lay-offs and hold up play but today was miles better. He had 2/3 very good chances (including a penalty!) and one that he made and scored all by himself.

2 goals a decent return. Good luck finding better than that in the market at our budgets.

Chair, how he gets criticised is beyond me. If he was Messi he wouldn't be here and I thought he was excellent tonight.

Not sure Kakay's night was that good, not because of his performance, but because Cannon showed what he was all about.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:47 - Nov 29 with 1823 viewsSpaceman_P

happy for the win.

Cifuentes oooohhh oooooohh oh oh Cifuentes oooooohhh oooooohhh oh oh
He came from Sweden to change the Rangers' Fate
Cifuentes oooohhhh oooooohh oh oh Cifuentes oooooohhh oooooohhh oh oh

Surely the new chant guys!!!
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 8:50]
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:54 - Nov 29 with 1788 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:27 - Nov 29 by GaryBannister86

Exactly. Dykes is limited, but he's ours. Yesterday summed him up - others won't give him credit for his lay-offs and hold up play but today was miles better. He had 2/3 very good chances (including a penalty!) and one that he made and scored all by himself.

2 goals a decent return. Good luck finding better than that in the market at our budgets.

Chair, how he gets criticised is beyond me. If he was Messi he wouldn't be here and I thought he was excellent tonight.

Not sure Kakay's night was that good, not because of his performance, but because Cannon showed what he was all about.

I thought Cannon was brought on because of his attacking elements rather than because Kakay was doing badly, but yeah Cannon looks like the real deal.
Login to get fewer ads

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 09:04 - Nov 29 with 1744 viewsSimplyNico

I went with a friend - first game since Swansea , when I left at halftime because it was so dire. The difference in performance last night was night and day. When we were 2-1 down, my friend (not a Rangers fan), said we were the only team in it.

As someone else has said, if Marti carries on with the same level of points returned, we will get our of this.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 09:19 - Nov 29 with 1681 viewsSuperhoops2808

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:54 - Nov 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought Cannon was brought on because of his attacking elements rather than because Kakay was doing badly, but yeah Cannon looks like the real deal.

Think if Cannon can stay fit, could be a real revelation for us. And Kakay as sub or even worse case RCB. Kakay plays with passion and so hopefully we manage him well.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 09:20 - Nov 29 with 1677 viewsSK_hoops

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 00:54 - Nov 29 by LisbonR

First time back at Loftus Road for me tonight since late last year, but what a great game to have chosen! I also managed to record Willock's goal. Just look at that emotion, and what it meant for him to score.

You R'ss!

I know the Dutch are known as laid back people, but Paal takes it to a completely different level.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 09:35 - Nov 29 with 1619 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Many haters of our players and team on page 11.

DonnieR

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 09:43 - Nov 29 with 1581 viewsTheChef

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 08:04 - Nov 29 by dmm

Even our seven year old could work out they were getting every corner wrong!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 09:50 - Nov 29 with 1556 viewsmart_Goblin

Got home from the game about 10:30 ish and didn’t get to sleep until about 2am. Jumped out of bed at 6am ….such a great feeling to be buzzing from a win again at long last .

A few years I attended a game at LR …it was the most anti football display from a) us , we were terrible , and b) the opposition which was Preston who displayed shithousery on such a scale that I decided during the 4-2 (I think ) defeat that if this was modern football then I’m not interested . Other factors came into play also but mainly it was Preston and Ben Pearson and his team mates that turned me away from LR for 18 months or so. I just didn’t want to watch that anymore .

After about 75 minutes yesterday I was sitting there thinking, “this w*nker has done it to me again…I can’t deal with out ineptitude any longer but this guy is playing his part in me walking away again for a period”.

Lo and behold he then scuffs one into his own net and we are off and running.
I had started to really turn on some of this bunch in my head during that second half . As soon as the red card was awarded you just knew that it would be our lot that felt the pressure and of course that expectancy weighed so heavy on some of them they could barely move . Such a fragile weak bunch .
But in fairness , they proved me wrong or some did anyway . So exasperated with Dykes one moment , a moment of brilliance the next . That turned the game . And Larkeche came on and wonthe game .fair play to him.
So many flaws but such a relief to win the game . Come on lads !!use it as a platform. I can’t wait for Friday . Whoever is going have a safe trip
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 10:30 - Nov 29 with 1463 viewsSonofpugwash

A "sorted" Willock makes all the difference.
Thanks R's for the perfect birthday present.You can stick your socks and talcum powder.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 10:35 - Nov 29 with 1459 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 09:50 - Nov 29 by mart_Goblin

Got home from the game about 10:30 ish and didn’t get to sleep until about 2am. Jumped out of bed at 6am ….such a great feeling to be buzzing from a win again at long last .

A few years I attended a game at LR …it was the most anti football display from a) us , we were terrible , and b) the opposition which was Preston who displayed shithousery on such a scale that I decided during the 4-2 (I think ) defeat that if this was modern football then I’m not interested . Other factors came into play also but mainly it was Preston and Ben Pearson and his team mates that turned me away from LR for 18 months or so. I just didn’t want to watch that anymore .

After about 75 minutes yesterday I was sitting there thinking, “this w*nker has done it to me again…I can’t deal with out ineptitude any longer but this guy is playing his part in me walking away again for a period”.

Lo and behold he then scuffs one into his own net and we are off and running.
I had started to really turn on some of this bunch in my head during that second half . As soon as the red card was awarded you just knew that it would be our lot that felt the pressure and of course that expectancy weighed so heavy on some of them they could barely move . Such a fragile weak bunch .
But in fairness , they proved me wrong or some did anyway . So exasperated with Dykes one moment , a moment of brilliance the next . That turned the game . And Larkeche came on and wonthe game .fair play to him.
So many flaws but such a relief to win the game . Come on lads !!use it as a platform. I can’t wait for Friday . Whoever is going have a safe trip

I have to ask, after periods of shit football and/or shit results when people say ‘I’m not watching that again’ what do you do to fill the void?
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 10:39 - Nov 29 with 1423 viewsstevec

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 10:35 - Nov 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I have to ask, after periods of shit football and/or shit results when people say ‘I’m not watching that again’ what do you do to fill the void?

Watch the next game
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 10:43 - Nov 29 with 1418 viewsHantsR

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 15:57 - Nov 27 by GaryBannister86

Reckon we should all agree that if we win E17 has to do them for the rest of the season. If we win AND score down the Loft end, he has to do them for the rest of his life. Fair?

I wrote this earlier, but it must now stand, here's the video request:

edit - dunno why it won't play on here?

[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 10:10]
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 10:51 - Nov 29 with 1373 viewsmart_Goblin

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 10:35 - Nov 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

You know if you open your curtains there is a big bright world out there which doesn’t always include football 😂

Personally I was away a lot of weekends with the band .
But I did also hint that it was alongside other stuff too

Sometimes football is secondary
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 11:01]
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 11:01 - Nov 29 with 1333 viewsDieByYourSide

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 07:35 - Nov 29 by GaryBannister86

From Football League World:

The attendance for QPR v Stoke City at Loftus Road is 16,901.

That includes 1,123 away fans.

Typically, I wasn't there, but from the telly that figure looks a little....generous?

Is inflating the attendance figures part of our new FFP cash drive?

12/13k tops

Poll: And it's hi ho

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 11:13 - Nov 29 with 1274 viewsbenhurst

Something that I think would have been very easy to miss (especially watching on TV) was Kelman's work in keeping their defenders on their heels for the last 20 minutes, he was constantly going for runs in behind even with the ball on the other side of the pitch (and it eventually paid off with his work in getting the ball back and then making space for Willock's goal).

Hoping we see him actually playing up front in the near future.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 11:23 - Nov 29 with 1227 viewsNed_Kennedys

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 11:13 - Nov 29 by benhurst

Something that I think would have been very easy to miss (especially watching on TV) was Kelman's work in keeping their defenders on their heels for the last 20 minutes, he was constantly going for runs in behind even with the ball on the other side of the pitch (and it eventually paid off with his work in getting the ball back and then making space for Willock's goal).

Hoping we see him actually playing up front in the near future.

Yes Kelman’s energy when he came on was great, he chased everything and forced errors out of their players. A really good cameo.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 11:36 - Nov 29 with 1155 viewsmart_Goblin

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 11:23 - Nov 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Yes Kelman’s energy when he came on was great, he chased everything and forced errors out of their players. A really good cameo.

Yes, set Willock on his way for the 4th by doing so . Deserves credit
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 11:44 - Nov 29 with 1126 viewssdm19994

Love playing Stoke when we need a result hahaha,

Cisse, Adomah, now BEN PEARSON, get in rangers
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 11:46 - Nov 29 with 1115 viewsrbee

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 06:55 - Nov 29 by traininvain

But apparently Willock doesn’t care! Good to see plenty of myths get shot down last night.

His reaction to the third goal was proof enough before he scored himself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024