Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll try - a Potters match thread 14:54 - Nov 27 with 74744 viewsE17hoop

Everyone seems to have tried in the last year or so, so I'll have a punt.

1-0, Chair.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:12 - Nov 28 with 5854 viewsibnumber10

Mad game
The ref gave us the pen, and sent one of theirs off and then we go 2=1 down, doom and gloom but they kept believing, and got the win.
To be fair I thought Stoke were pretty decent and we struggled at times, but we started to play a bit before their red card, so small steps, I think the confidence levels are starting to go up, we done Marti
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:13 - Nov 28 with 5832 viewsQPROslo

A win at home 4 goals. What a feeling. Must be years since we did that. Cheers everyone 🍺
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:13 - Nov 28 with 5828 viewsGaryBannister86

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 21:57 - Nov 28 by MrSheen

East17…job for life!

Ainsworth on Sky following the Watford game. Not saying a word about us. Non disclosure?

He did, actually, before the game started.

The unbelievable intro was "like Terry Venables, a man who played and managed QPR, Gareth Ainsworth"

Which, to be fair to GA...he handled well: "and that is where the comparison ends" or some such.

He didn't say much about QPR, said he would have liked another transfer window and the players have no confidence as they keep changing managers. Hmmm, OK Gareth.

Mackie then goes on and makes quite a barbed comment that the playing style GA wanted to introduce didn't match the squad he had, etc.

I like Mackie.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:14 - Nov 28 with 5783 viewsdaveB

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:09 - Nov 28 by OldPedro

You need to stay away Dave for the good of the team

Yeah my Dad just said the same
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:16 - Nov 28 with 5719 viewsdavman

Udders lose tmrw, we win on Friday and we'd be out the bottom 3.

...but remember it's the hope that kills.

Dunne HAS to be dropped; he was hopeless yet again. Kelman did well when he came on and so happy for Larkeche; great work after how he's debut ended a few weeks back.
Smyth should have scored, didn't do much other than get Stevens sent off. Dykes awful miss, great finish. Willock took time, but got there. 19 shots, 9 on target. Amazing. 13 corners, all of them utter crap - should have just kicked them straight out. Awful. HAS to improve.

But. 3 freekin' points. Yes.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:17 - Nov 28 with 5707 viewsOldPedro

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:14 - Nov 28 by daveB

Yeah my Dad just said the same

I told my son I'd eat broccoli if we won (I hate broccoli), so guess what I'm having for dinner tomorrow!!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:18 - Nov 28 with 5633 viewsw7r

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:13 - Nov 28 by QPROslo

A win at home 4 goals. What a feeling. Must be years since we did that. Cheers everyone 🍺

Reading 4-0 Jan 2022 - I remember it well!
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:20 - Nov 28 with 5558 viewsPlanetHonneywood

We may have said adios to Venables tonight, but we are most definitely saying hola to his heir apparent.

Thank you E17, a tactical masterpiece from a man who singlehandedly, has got the promotion bandwagon up and running again.

You beautiful, beautiful man!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:23 - Nov 28 with 5479 viewsBoston

Anyone feel sorry for Stoke tonight...no, me neither.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:23 - Nov 28 with 5480 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Marti has 5 points from 4 games.

28 games left. Carry on with that return and we get another 35 points.

48 points total. Enough to stay up surely?

Thank God for that. Was worried for a while there.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:24 - Nov 28 with 5433 viewsCiderwithRsie

This club is crazy. But I love it.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:25 - Nov 28 with 5423 viewssmudgehoop

Just read the whole thread back.

Bloody fantastic!

Well down to the team for coming back from a goal down.

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:26 - Nov 28 with 5393 viewscolinallcars

A millyon 'ousewives every day,
Pick up a tin o' beans and say,
Q..P..R.

haven't heard that for a few years.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:26 - Nov 28 with 5394 viewsGaryBannister86

I know the Dykes debate has been done to death, but as a fan of his I was so disappointed in his one on one miss. Although it was a good save. I thought he was having his best game for ages; nice penalty and so chuffed for him to get his second.

Let's hope he can gather some more confidence....we need him.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:29 - Nov 28 with 5313 viewsCamberleyR

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:31 - Nov 28 with 5258 viewsMrSheen

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:13 - Nov 28 by GaryBannister86

He did, actually, before the game started.

The unbelievable intro was "like Terry Venables, a man who played and managed QPR, Gareth Ainsworth"

Which, to be fair to GA...he handled well: "and that is where the comparison ends" or some such.

He didn't say much about QPR, said he would have liked another transfer window and the players have no confidence as they keep changing managers. Hmmm, OK Gareth.

Mackie then goes on and makes quite a barbed comment that the playing style GA wanted to introduce didn't match the squad he had, etc.

I like Mackie.

Only turned on at 3-2, fair comment. Hardly bother with Sky SportsNews now, completely forgot about the show.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 22:33]
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:32 - Nov 28 with 5222 viewskensalriser

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:17 - Nov 28 by OldPedro

I told my son I'd eat broccoli if we won (I hate broccoli), so guess what I'm having for dinner tomorrow!!

Here's what to do.

Boil a pan of water for any non-ribbon pasta shape.
Steam or boil your broccoli. Chop it. Fry off a chopped clove of garlic in oil or butter, add the broccoli, get it nicely mixed up so the broccoli is quite fine. Cut into fine cubes and mix in about a quarter to a third of a pack of feta cheese and simmer until melted. You can add a little cream here if you like. Grind in some black pepper. Mix with the pasta. Serve. It will taste more of feta than broccoli. Obviously if you don't like feta either do something else. We still won.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:33 - Nov 28 with 5181 viewsVancouverHoop

[So} happy for Larkeche; great work after how he's debut ended a few weeks back.

All respect to Dykes and Willock but Larkeche's tenacity along Stoke's goal-line was the match highlight for me. How many players did he fight through... two... three... more? And how long has it been since we saw someone in a hooped shirt chase what appeared to be such a total lost cause like that? His name won't appear on the score sheet but, for me, that was the game's defining moment.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:34 - Nov 28 with 5159 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I've sat through 75% of tge games this season, and couldn't go tonight. Typical.

But, I don't care! U Rrrrrrrrrrrrs.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:35 - Nov 28 with 5129 viewsE17hoop

Well.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:37 - Nov 28 with 5088 viewsjoe90

That was an incredible game, result and atmosphere! It’s been far too long since we had celebrations like that in the Loft and also best way to do it, under the lights!

The performance wasn’t perfect, but who cares? We desperately needed a win. The players looked elated. Larkeche’s dogged determination to keep the ball in play to force the own goal was something else. So pleased for Dykes and Willock. I really hope this win gives the team the confidence to kick on.
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:39 - Nov 28 with 5059 viewsrbee

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:26 - Nov 28 by GaryBannister86

I know the Dykes debate has been done to death, but as a fan of his I was so disappointed in his one on one miss. Although it was a good save. I thought he was having his best game for ages; nice penalty and so chuffed for him to get his second.

Let's hope he can gather some more confidence....we need him.

I don't think it was a good save, Dykes hit the ball straight at him. Like Smyth just before him you have to be finding the corners of the net to score goals.

I am not a great fan of Dykes, if you are wearing the number 9 shirt then the goal return has to be a lot, lot better.

Credit where credit is due he earnt the penalty, took the penalty and his goal very well and am happy to eat all of the humble pie going if he keeps scoring and creating goals.

Did you notice Paal's reaction to Dykes's goal?
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:41 - Nov 28 with 5013 viewscolinallcars

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:35 - Nov 28 by E17hoop

Well.

Well done my son……
I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:46 - Nov 28 with 4914 viewsBrianWilson

Cannon and Willock made a big difference I thought. Incredible determination from Larkeche to win that and put the ball in the box. Gotta credit Marti there for getting him on and firing him up.

3 goals at the loft end
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 22:46]

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

I'll try - a Potters match thread on 22:52 - Nov 28 with 4796 viewsManinBlack

A great relief to finally get a home win but they did still display familiar nasty habits like rancid set plays, conceding right on half time and then falling behind to ten men. With our awful powers of recovery I can't help feel that if Stoke had 11 on the pitch when they took the lead we would not have come back. No doubt a man short and a goal up, Stoke would try and hold on which allowed us to get at them.

However, no point now in speculating on this so I will take the win and look at the positives, winning from a losing position, scoring three at the Loft end, Dykes getting two, Willock scoring, nine shots on target so I pray confidence will pick up. Preston were blown away tonight so let's not go there thinking they are better than us.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 22:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024